Advice from Danielle Base, Specialist Occupational Therapist
- Keep as active as possible.
- Re-position yourself as much as much as you as can during the day; I recommend at least 15 minutes just changing your position in your chair.
- Nutrition and hydration; eating good food and drinking plenty of fluids will help keep your skin in much better condition.
- Good posture so sitting in our chair comfortably and centrally. Do not slide down in your chair and sitting on your sacrum, or sitting on one side of the chair because all that pressure will be in one place. Sitting centrally with good armrest height and feet on the floor will help distribute our weight evenly.
- Consider pressure care products. Pressure care on your seating to relieve pressure and make you feel more comfortable.